Stay Tuned

That article was my last print column for my former employer (yeah, you read that right). Now, Free-For-All is really free! Anything goes from now on. I can't promise you a regular update on matters mixed-martial-arts local and/or international, that really depends on the availability of material, but this I can assure you -- you will have a post to peruse once a week, at least...tentatively every Saturday, depending on your time zone.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to take a break to take a meal or I will have to tap out due to decreased blood-sugar level. 'Til next posting. Tune in on Saturday (RP time), same blog site, same blogger. Take your vitamins and practice your submissions. Spread the word, Free-For-Allers!

2 comments:

Paul Taneo said...

John, partner, I was wondering...if I was assistant editor but was your "boss," what does that make of the editor? Just asking. Wink. Nudge.

For those who didn't know, also, I was section editor of the sports section and two others: Regions and Bridge Cities, before I edited sports full time, and wrote the Free-For-All column in a glorious/vainglorious six-year run interspersed with contentiousness, visual clarity, and purpose, but never for much money (after being paid P250 per column, that is having done four for free -- FFA's predecessor Extra Time -- "wa man ta magsabot (sa bayad)," matud pa sa hawod did to sa newsroom; it got jacked to P450, whoop dedoo! I am rich!, as consolation de booboo after I agreed to slide down to asst. ed., after daring the power-that-be 'If you want to get rid of me, just fire me, in the ashes of a civil suit filed against the paper for another sports columnist's alleged slur of an ex-MBA manager, in the detritus of dramatic tardy log-ins, and missed deadlines -- who hasn't?)

That taught me not to spit at a statue.

Nah... Spit! Punk's not dead! Oi! Oi!n Oi!

Paul Taneo said...

Once an editor, always an editor, even in a freewheeling free Free-For-All blog.

Saw these slips. Allow me to rectify:

'If you want to get rid of me, just fire me,' (PLACE SINGLE QUOTATION MARK HERE, NOW, WHY DIDN'T I USE DOUBLE QUOTATION MARKS INSTEAD?) in the ashes...Nah... Spit! Punk's not dead! Oi! Oi!n (DELETE n) Oi!

Edited form:

'If you want to get rid of me, just fire me,'... in the ashes... Nah... Spit! Punk's not dead! Oi! Oi! Oi!


Oh, woe is meticulous me.

Copyright © 2008 - Free-For-All - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template